Tier 2 Visa (Work Visa)

If you have been offered a skilled job in the UK and are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need to apply for a Tier 2 (General) visa. You will also need to be employed by a licensed sponsor to apply to live in the UK, who will assign you a Certificate of Sponsorship.

Successful applicants for a Tier 2 (General) visa can be granted up to a maximum of 5 years and 14 days stay in the UK. You will be able to work for your sponsor, perform a second job in certain circumstances, do voluntary work, study, and bring family members with you to the UK.

At Kings Cross Barristers, our team has a wealth of experience in matters concerning Sponsorship Licences. We can assist you with the complex application process to increase your chances of success. If your application has been rejected, we can make representations to the Home Office and advocate in appeals at the First-tier and Upper Tribunals. Our immigration law barristers can advise at all stages of the process of obtaining a visitor visa to come to the UK.


Book a free consultation


Kings Cross Barristers closed on 1st October 2019. As such, we will no longer be taking on new work. If you are a previous client and require assistance, please email admin@kxbarristers.com.